David Coviak, DDS, MD
Board Certified Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
Dr. David Coviak, DDS, MD is a board certified oral & maxillofacial surgeon and native of Michigan. He became a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery and joined Summit Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery in 2022 after having been in private practice in Charlotte, NC following residency. He attended the University of Michigan for undergraduate and dental school. Following completion of his Doctorate of Dental Surgery at the University of Michigan, Dr. Coviak completed a General Practice Residency at the University of Rochester Strong Memorial Hospital, where he focused on the care of medically-compromised patients in the hospital setting. He received his Doctor of Medicine from the Wayne State University School of Medicine and completed his oral surgery specialty training at Ascension St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital.
Dr. Coviak’s interests include the application of new technologies to the planning and execution of dentoalveolar, dental implant, trauma surgery. In all interactions with his patients, he places his patients’ well-being first and engages all members of their care teams in pursuit of their health and well-being. Dr. Coviak maintains certification in ACLS, PALS, and is a BLS instructor. He is pleased to provide care to the residents of Warren, Sterling Heights, Madison Heights, Royal Oak, Ferndale, Hazel Park, Eastpointe, Roseville, Fraser out of our Warren office.
Outside of work, Dr. Coviak enjoys spending time with his wife, Lisa, and new son, William. He loves being outdoors and active, particularly in water sports, but he also has a passion for watching college sports.
- Undergraduate Education:
University of Michigan
- Doctor of Dental Surgery:
University of Michigan School of Dentistry
- Doctor of Medicine:
Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Residency Training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: Ascension St. John Health System
- General Surgery Internship:
St. John Hospital and Medical Center
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Dental Association
- Michigan Dental Association