Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery: What’s the Difference?
Many people commonly confuse cosmetic surgery with plastic surgery, but the two are quite distinct from each other. As a provider of cosmetic surgery in Warren, Summit Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery’s mission is offering compassionate, high-quality care. Since we’re dedicated to helping clients understand and select the best treatment options, we’re happy to help clear up this common misconception.
Enhancement Vs. Reconstruction
Understanding how cosmetic and plastic surgery differ begins with comprehending the basic goals of these procedures. Plastic surgery reconstructs parts of the body damaged by injuries, disease, or congenital conditions. In contrast, cosmetic procedures focus on enhancing one’s appearance. There may not be any functional problems or major irregularities with body part that a patient wishes to improve, but the focus is generally on aesthetics and gaining self-confidence and satisfaction from desired modifications.
Common Cosmetic Procedures
Skilled maxillofacial surgeons and professionals trained in the latest cosmetic procedures can assist you in achieving your goals and becoming the best version of yourself. Several treatments can help you obtain the improvements you desire:
- Otoplasty, designed to target protruding or overdeveloped ears
- Facial liposuction, removing excess fat from the neck, chin or cheeks
- Blepharoplasty, which can correct sagging eyelids or bags and folds around the eye area
- Rhinoplasty, used to address breathing issues or change the size or shape of one’s nose
- Brow lifts, which can reduce forehead furrows and ridges
- Facelifts, targeting loose skin around your face and neck
- Facial fillers, which can treat smile lines, frown lines and wrinkles
- BOTOX treatments for crow’s feet, laugh lines and worry lines
Contact Us Today
Summit Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery is a clinic of cosmetic surgery accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care. Our team of experienced medical professionals is dedicated to delivering solutions that help you look and feel your best. For more information or to schedule a consultation, call our Warren office at (586) 755-9340.