You expect teething during infancy, childhood and even early adolescence. When you reach your early twenties you may be surprised to discover more sprouting teeth. This time however, feels different. You might have pain or discomfort that leaves you typing, “Wisdom teeth extraction near me,” in a web search engine. Fortunately, Summit Facial offers professional, safe wisdom teeth extraction services in our offices in Warren, Grosse Pointe, Rochester, Romeo, Washington Michigan and Clinton Township, Michigan.
Why Do You Get Your Wisdom Teeth Removed?
The majority of people need one or more wisdom teeth removed during their lifetime. These third set of molars often need extracted for a variety of reasons, some of which may be immediately obvious. Other times, potential problems may not surface until much later. Some common issues surrounding eruption include:
- Crowding – Frequently, there is not enough space in the mouth for an additional set of teeth. Even if there is enough room, improper alignment of the new set can damage other teeth, nerves or jawbone.
- Impaction – Sometimes wisdom teeth begin to grow in, but do not fully surface. This creates a host of problems including pain, tooth decay or development of a cyst.
- Infection – When the third molars only partially erupt or are too close to surrounding teeth, it may be difficult to brush them properly. Infection sets in when bacteria, debris or food become stuck. This can damage not only the molars, but nearby healthy teeth or bone as well.
How Long Is the Recovery Process?
After the painless removal in a calm environment, the recovery period from wisdom teeth extraction is relatively short. You are provided with detailed recovery instructions to ensure your comfort and aid healing. If stitches are needed they typically dissolve in two to five days.
Trust Fully-Accredited, Experienced Professionals With Your Smile
If you are currently experiencing pain or want to prevent future problems, contact us at Summit Facial for a consultation today. We offer state-of-the-art wisdom teeth extraction in Clinton, Michigan. Take the next step towards maintaining your healthy, beautiful smile for a lifetime.
Wisdom Tooth Extraction Near Me?
Children develop their first molars around age 6 and second set of molars at age 12, bringing the total count to 28 permanent teeth. Because the average mouth can only hold 28 teeth, the growth of a third set of molars, the wisdom teeth, between the ages of 17 and 25 can cause discomfort, swelling and other complications. Summit OMS has several wisdom teeth extraction surgery clinics specializing in the safe, pain-free removal of these problem teeth.
Why Do Wisdom Teeth Need To Be Removed?
While some people develop wisdom teeth without complications, in most cases these extra molars can cause a variety of issues. Reasons that they may need to be removed include the following:
- Teeth have become trapped under the jawbone or gums.
- Molars are coming in sideways, putting pressure on other teeth.
- There is no room for another set of molars.
- The difficulty of flossing and brushing thoroughly at the far back of the mouth increases the risk of cavities and gum disease.
In addition to being painful, these situations can lead to infection and illness by providing easy access for bacteria where the teeth are erupting through the gums. The impaction or angled entry of wisdom teeth also puts pressure on the rest of the mouth, causing existing teeth to become misaligned.
It is especially important to remove impacted teeth as soon as possible. Over time, these trapped molars can develop painful cysts or tumors that can cause permanent damage to surrounding teeth and tissues, including the jawbone itself.
Oral Surgery Professionals You Can Trust
At Summit OMS, we take a patient-centered approach that combines clear communication about procedures with individualized pain management to ensure a comfortable, relaxed experience. Our experienced surgeons have the knowledge and tools to perform smooth extractions with minimal recovery time.
If you’re looking for a wisdom teeth extraction surgery clinic in Macomb County, Michigan, contact Summit OMS today. We have offices in Warren, Grosse Pointe, Rochester, Clinton Township and Romeo/Washington, Michigan. You can also schedule an appointment or request a consultation online.