Claude LeRose, DDS, MD
Board Certified Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
Dr. Claude LeRose is a board certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon. He graduated from the University of Notre Dame with a bachelor’s degree in science and pre-medical studies. He then received his dental degree at the University of Michigan School of Dentistry and medical degree at Wayne State University School of Medicine. Dr. LeRose completed six years of surgical residency in the Ascension St. John-Providence Health System, where he was trained in the full scope of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. During his time in residency, he was voted Resident of the Year by his peers and superiors and was elected Chief Resident for his final year of training.
Dr. LeRose has published multiple articles in peer reviewed journals and presented award-winning research both nationally and internationally on topics of oral pathology and facial reconstruction. He has also volunteered with the Healing the Children organization, helping to correct cleft lip and palate abnormalities in underserved children living in Colombia. He maintains a faculty position with the Ascension Macomb Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery resident training program, where he is actively involved in resident education, research, and clinical training, and earned recognition as the Clinical Instructor of the Year in 2020-2021. Dr. LeRose also serves as a clinical assistant professor at Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine. He holds staff hospital privileges at William Beaumont Royal Oak, Ascension St. John Main, and Ascension Macomb Hospital.
Dr. LeRose is married with a young family. When he is not working, he enjoys spending time with family and friends, staying active outdoors, and cheering for his favorite sports teams.
- Residency Training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery:
Ascension St. John-Providence Health System
- General Surgery Internship:
Ascension St. John Hospital and Medical Center
- Doctorate of Medicine:
Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery:
University of Michigan School of Dentistry
- Undergraduate Education:
University of Notre Dame
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- American Dental Society
- American Medical Association
- Detroit District Dental Society
- Macomb Dental Association
- Chalmers J. Lyons
- Detroit Academy of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- LeRose C, Boura J, Ramirez C: Investigating the Reliability of Fluorodeoxyglucose 18 Positive Emission Tomography–Computed Tomography Detection of Regional Lymph Node Metastasis in Head and Neck Malignancy . Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Volume 78, Issue 9, 1631-1638.
- LeRose C, Ramirez C: Atypical metastasis of p16(+) tonsillar squamous cell carcinoma to the pleura: A case report. Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Volume 76, Issue 12, 2577-2581.