Russell Sclafani, DDS, MD
Board Certified Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
Dr. Russell Sclafani, a native of Michigan, is a board-certified Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon. Dr. Russ Sclafani is from Clinton Township, Michigan. In 2001 Dr. Sclafani graduated from Oakland University with a Bachelor’s of Science in Biology. He then went on to the University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry where he served as class president. Following graduation from dental school, he worked as a general dentist for one year and then completed an Internship in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at John D. Dingell Veterans Affairs Hospital. Dr. Sclafani then attended the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery residency program through St. John Providence Hospital Heath System. In 2011 he was awarded a Medical Degree from Wayne State University School of Medicine. Following graduation from medical school, he completed a full internship in General Surgery and completed his training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in 2013. He has hospital privileges at St. John Hospitals.
Dr. Sclafani enjoys practicing all aspects of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery including dental alveolar procedures, dental implants, and trauma. His special interest is in sports dentistry. He is also a member of numerous state and national dental and medical organizations.
Dr. Sclafani is married with two sons. He enjoys spending time with his family and friends.
- Undergraduate Education
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery
University of Detroit Mercy
- Doctorate of Medicine
Wayne State University
- Residency Training in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery St. John Providence Health System
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Diplomate, American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Dental Association
- Michigan Dental Association
- Macomb Dental Society
- Chalmers J. Lyons
- Detroit Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery